This Services Agreement («Agreement») is made effective upon Client Acceptance (as defined below) by and between pr.business Management Services, LLC d/b/a pr.business («Company») and the entity and/or individual who enters into this Agreement («Client»).
By clicking on the «Agree» or «Place Order» button or by accessing and using the Services (the «Client Acceptance»), this Agreement becomes and is a legally binding contract. The «Effective Date» of this Agreement shall be the first date of the Client Acceptance. Company and Client are each a «Party» and together «Parties» to this Agreement.
In consideration of the foregoing, the mutual covenants set forth in this Agreement, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged by the Parties, the Parties agree as follows:
- Overview. Company owns and operates the website located at pr.business («Site»), which among other things, provides individuals and businesses with a listing (also referred to as a profile page) as well as services that assist individuals and businesses in monitoring, managing and improving their online reputation, presence, visibility, reviews and ratings («Services»). The Services are more fully described on the Site; provided, however, the Company reserves the right, in its discretion, from time to time add new services to the Services, substitute a new service for one of the existing Services, or discontinue or suspend one of the existing Services. Information about new services will be included on the Site, and the use of new services will be governed by this Agreement. Client agrees that Company will not be liable to Client or any third party for any suspension or discontinuation of any of the Services.
- Subscription. Pursuant to and in accordance with the terms of this Agreement, Company grants Client a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable revocable right and subscription to access and use the Site and the Services solely in connection with Client’s legitimate needs (the «Subscription»). The Subscription will terminate in the event this Agreement expires or is terminated, in which case Client shall immediately cease any further use of the Services.
- Service Plan. The order form, online submission page, or other ordering document (the «Order Form») will specify the Services that the Company agrees to provide Client pursuant to this Agreement («Service Plan»). To the extent included in the Service Plan selected by the Client, Client authorizes the Company to: (i) use, in any medium, manner or format, the content, trademarks, logos, photos, videos, advertisements, information and other material provided by Client («Client Content»), (ii) act on Client’s behalf in creating accounts on other websites in Client’s name as the Company deems reasonably necessary only to the extent necessary to provide the Services, (iii) access Client’s accounts on other websites as the Company deems reasonably necessary only to the extent necessary to provide the Services, and (iv) post, respond, reply, share or otherwise disseminate Client Content, information and material on other websites as the Company deems reasonably necessary only to the extent necessary to provide the Services.
2. Use of Site and Services.
- User Accounts. In order to access the Services, Client will need to provide certain information about itself. Client agrees to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about Client as may be prompted by any registration forms on the Site or requested by the Company («Account Data»), (ii) maintain the security of Client’s password and identification, (iii) maintain and promptly update the Account Data, and any other information Client provides to Company, to keep it accurate, current and complete, and (iv) be fully responsible for all use of Client’s account and for any actions that take place using Client’s account. By creating an account or claiming a listing, Client represents that it is the owner or authorized agent of a business or that Client is the individual claiming a listing for such individual. Client may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for anyone other than Client, provide an email address other than the Client’s email address, create multiple accounts or listings, except as otherwise authorized by the Company in writing, or provide or use false information to obtain access to a listing that the Client is not legally entitled to claim. Client acknowledges that: (i) Company has the right (but not the obligation) to verify any Account Data, and (ii) any false claiming of a business or individual listing may cause Company or third parties to incur substantial economic damages and losses for which the Client may be held accountable. Client’s use of the Site and Services is conditioned upon Client’s compliance with this Section, and any failure to comply may result in immediate termination of Client’s access to and use of the Site and Services.
3. Cooperation by Client.
Client agrees to: (i) cooperate with Company as may be reasonably necessary in order to assist Company in providing the Services to Client, (ii) provide Company with all necessary information (e.g., usernames and passwords) for Client accounts on other websites that Company deems necessary to provide the Services, and (iii) respond in a timely manner to Company’s requests to review and approve information and materials generated for Client. Client understands and acknowledges that such information and cooperation is essential to Company’s performance under this Agreement.
4. Fees and Payment for Services.
- Fees. The Client agrees to pay Company for the Service Plan the amount(s) set forth in the Order Form («Fees»). Except as otherwise specified herein or on an Order Form, all Fees and payment obligations are non-cancelable and all Fees are non-refundable. The Company may increase the Fees for any Renewal Term (as defined below) as long as the Company provides the Client with at least seven (7) days’ notice prior to such Renewal Term. If the Client does not terminate this Agreement prior to the commencement of such Renewal Term, such increase shall be deemed accepted by the Client.
- Billing. The Client agrees to pay Company all Fees based on the billing cycle set forth in the Order Form. The billing cycle for a Service Plan will be: (i) monthly («Monthly Service Plan»), (ii) quarterly («Quarterly Service Plan»), (iii) annually («Annual Service Plan»), or (iv) such other billing cycle agreed to by Company and set forth in the Order Form (collectively «Billing Cycle(s)»).
- Auto-Renewal. The Client understands, agrees and accepts that, unless otherwise expressly stated on the applicable Order Form, the Service Plan will operate on an auto-renewal basis such that Client’s credit card, debit card, electronic payment, or other method of payment («Payment Method») will be assessed the Fees at regular intervals based on the Client’s applicable Billing Cycle (e.g., monthly, quarterly or annually). The Client represents and warrants that it has the legal right to use the Payment Method and hereby authorizes Company to charge Client’s Payment Method for the Service Plan listed in the Order Form for the Initial Term and any Renewal Term.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Service Plan Refund Policy. Except as specifically referenced in Section 4e of this Agreement, the Fees associated with a Monthly Service Plan, Quarterly Service Plan and/or Annual Service Plan are entirely non-refundable regardless of when the Services and the Service Plan is cancelled or terminated.
- Risk Free Offer Policy. The Fees associated with certain Services and/or Service Plans may be refundable for a limited time (as specified on the Site) when specifically identified on the Site as being a «Risk Free Offer,» «Try It Risk Free,» or «Risk Free Trial» («Risk Free Offer»). The Fees associated with a Risk Free Offer will be refundable in the event the Client cancels or terminates a Service Plan within the applicable period specified on the Site relating to the Risk Free Offer («Risk Free Period»). In order to receive a refund that is subject to a Risk Free Offer the Client must cancel or terminate their Service Plan on or before the expiration of the Risk Free Period. Subsequent to the Risk Free Period and during any Renewal Term (as defined below), the Fees associated with any Service Plan shall be entirely non-refundable regardless of when the Services and the Service Plan is cancelled or terminated. For purposes of clarification and the avoidance of doubt, the Risk Free Offer does not apply to the Company’s directory management services (currently advertised as Visibility) and any and all Fees (or any portion thereof) associated with the Company’s directory management services are entirely non-refundable.
- Taxes and Late Fees. Any amounts payable under this Agreement shall not be subject to set-off and if unpaid after the due date shall be subject to late fees equal to one and one-half percent (1.5%) interest per month from the due date until such amount is paid or the highest rate allowed by applicable law, whichever is higher. Client shall be solely and exclusively responsible for all sales, use, property, value-added or other federal, state or local taxes based on its use of the Services.
5. Term; Termination.
- Term. The initial term of this Agreement shall begin on the Effective Date or, if different than the Effective Date, on the date specified on the Order Form, and shall continue for the applicable Billing Cycle (e.g., monthly, quarterly or annually) as set forth in the Order Form («Initial Term») and shall automatically renew for successive periods equal in duration to the Initial Term (each a «Renewal Term») unless either party provides written notice to the other party of its election to terminate this Agreement at least three (3) business days prior to the end of the then-current term.
- Termination. This Agreement may be terminated (x) by either Party (i) for cause upon 30 days written notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors; or (y) by the Client pursuant to and in accordance with Section 4e (Risk Free Offer Policy); or (z) by the Company immediately and without notice in the event of a breach of Section 2 of this Agreement by the Client.
- Client Rights Upon Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, the Subscription and all licenses granted to Client pursuant to this Agreement shall immediately and permanently expire, and Client shall immediately discontinue using the Services.
- Payment Upon Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement, any outstanding balance of Fees for use of the Services by the Client prior to such termination shall become immediately due and payable.
6. Proprietary Rights and Licenses.
- Site Content. All content on the Site and available through the Services, including, without limitation, designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the «Site Content»), are the proprietary property of the Company or its licensors with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without the Company’s prior written permission.
- IP Rights. Company owns the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the Site Content, the Site and the Services («Company’s IP Rights»), which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. If Client, in the course of using the Services, acquires any goodwill or reputation in or to the Services or any of Company’s IP Rights, all such goodwill or reputation shall automatically be transferred to and shall vest in Company when and as, on an on-going basis, such acquisition of goodwill or reputation occurs, as well as at the expiration or termination of this Agreement, without any separate payment or other consideration of any kind to Client, and Client agrees to take all such actions necessary to effect such vesting.
- PR Badge. During the term of this Agreement, the Company grants the Client a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable revocable license to use and display the pr.business badge design logo («PR Badge») on the Client’s primary business website, on websites where the Client advertises and in email provided the PR Badge must click through to the Client’s business webpage on the Site. Upon expiration or termination of this Agreement for any reason by either Party, Client agrees to immediately remove the PR Badge from all media and materials, to discard all materials bearing the PR Badge, and cease future use of the PR Badge in any medium or format.
- Client Content. Client grants to Company a worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable (in connection with an assignment of this Agreement), sub-licensable (as necessary to perform the Services) license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, distribute, create derivative works of, and otherwise exploit any Client Content as Company deems appropriate to perform the Services. Client acknowledges and agrees that Company shall own, subject to any Client Content therein, all right, title, and interest in and to any materials, content, or other works of authorship created by Company or on Company’s behalf and used in connection with the Services. Company acknowledges and agrees that Client will own all right, title, and interest in and to any Client Content.
Client (and any third party for whom Client operates an account or activity on the Service) agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Company and its partners, service providers, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents («Company Related Parties») harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following (including as a result of Client’s direct activities on the Service or those conducted on Client’s behalf): (i) Client Content or Client’s access to or use of the Service, (ii) Client’s breach or alleged breach of this Agreement, (iii) Client’s violation of any third-party right, including without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right, (iv) Client’s violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities, and/or (v) any misrepresentation made by Client. Client will cooperate as fully required by Company in the defense of any claim. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by Client, and Client will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of Company.
8. Limited Warranties; Disclaimers.
- Limitations. The Parties acknowledge and agree that while Company endeavors to provide high quality services to Client, the Services may not be free of errors and, further, certain portions or functions of the Services may be subject to interruption, scheduled or unscheduled. To the extent that the Services uses any third party software, services or equipment, any express warranties provided in this Agreement are limited to those offered by the applicable third party, and are available to the Client only to the extent that such warranties can be passed through to the Client.
- Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, COMPANY EXCLUDES AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER RELATING TO THE SITE AND SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, SITE AND THE OUTPUT THEREOF. COMPANY IS PROVIDING THE SERVICES AND THE SITE TO CLIENT AND ANY USER(S) ON AN «AS IS» BASIS, WITH NO OTHER WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY OF THE SERVICES, SITE AND THE OUTPUT THEREOF IS BORNE BY CLIENT AND USER(S).
9. Limitation of Damages.
NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY COMPANY RELATED PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE CLIENT FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, WHETHER LIABILITY IS ASSERTED IN CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. CLIENT WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT THESE EXCLUSIONS DEPRIVE CLIENT OF AN ADEQUATE REMEDY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY exceed the Fees paid to Company by Client during the twelve (12) month period immediately preceding the alleged loss or claim. IF CLIENT IS A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, CLIENT WAIVES CLIENT’S RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS «A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.»
- Representations and Warranties of Company. Company represents and warrants that: (i) it has the authority to enter into this Agreement and to fully perform the obligations hereunder, (ii) it is duly organized and validly existing under applicable laws, (iii) this Agreement constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable in accordance with its terms, (iv) the execution, delivery and/or performance of this Agreement, will not, directly or indirectly, violate, breach, or cause a default under any contract, instrument, or order to which it is a party, and (v) it will comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations in performing its obligations under this Agreement.
- Representations and Warranties of Client. Client represents and warrants that: (i) it has the authority to enter into this Agreement and to fully perform the obligations hereunder, (ii) it is duly organized and validly existing under applicable laws, (iii) this Agreement constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable in accordance with its terms, (iv) the execution, delivery and/or performance of this Agreement, will not, directly or indirectly, violate, breach, or cause a default under any contract, instrument, or order to which it is a party, (v) it is the owner, valid licensee, agent, or custodian of the Client Content, and has secured all necessary licenses, consents, authorizations and waivers for the use of the Client Content, (vi) the use of the Client Content shall not infringe the intellectual property rights (including trade secrets) of any party, or constitute defamation, invasion of privacy, breach of confidentiality, or the violation of any right of publicity or any other right of any party, (vii) it shall not use the Services to conduct or solicit the performance of any illegal activity, (viii) it is authorized to provide Company with any existing, current and/or former customer, patient, and user information that it provides to Company in connection with the Services, (ix) any Client Content that Client and/or Client’s authorized representative(s) submit for publication on an online review or ratings or social media website will be true and accurate and will only concern Client and the goods and/or services that Client provides, and (x) it will comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations in performing its obligations under this Agreement.
- Independent Contractors. The relationship of Company and Client is that of independent contractors. Neither Client nor its employees, consultants, contractors or agents are agents, employees, partners or joint ventures of Company, nor do they have any authority to bind Company by contract or otherwise to any obligation.
- Amendments. Company may amend or terminate any terms of this Agreement at any time and such amendment or termination will be effective at the time Company posts the revised Agreement on the Site. The last revision to this Agreement can be determine by referring to the «Last Updated» legend at the bottom of this Agreement. Client’s continued use of the Site or Services after Company has posted a revised Agreement shall signify Client’s acceptance of such revised Agreement. No amendment or modification of this Agreement will be binding against Company unless in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative or posted to the Site by a duly authorized representative of the Company.
- Governing Law; Jurisdiction, Venue. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Florida (without giving effect to any conflicts or choice of laws or provisions thereof that would cause the application of the domestic substantive laws of any other jurisdiction). The parties expressly and irrevocably consent to the exclusive venue, and each further agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of, the courts located in Palm Beach County, Florida relating to any disputes between them arising out of or relating to this Agreement or their relationship. THE PARTIES WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING INSTITUTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
- Waiver of Class Action. Client may only resolve disputes with Company on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations are not allowed.
- Waiver. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement is binding unless it is in writing and signed by all Parties to this Agreement. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right or remedy under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of that right or remedy. No waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of that provision or of any similar provision.
- Assignment. The Company may assign this Agreement at any time to any parent, subsidiary, or any affiliated company, or as part of the sale to, merger with, or other transfer of the Company to another entity. The Company will use reasonable efforts to notify Client regarding any change of ownership. Client may not assign, transfer or sublicense this Agreement to anyone else and any attempt to do so in violation of this section shall be null and void.
- Severability. If any part of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or by any other legal body having jurisdiction to make such determination, the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Notice. Notices to Company shall be sent to pr.business Management Services, LLC at 4910 Communications Ave., Suite 200, Boca Raton, FL, 33431, Attn: Legal Department, with a copy sent via email to [email protected] Notices to Client may be effected by sending an email to the email address specified by Client in Client’s account.
- Survival. Sections 4, 5c, 5d, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
- Publicity. Client hereby grants Company permissions to use Client’s name in its marketing materials including, but not limited to, use on Company’s website, Client listings, in interviews and press releases.
- Authority. Each individual entering into this Agreement on behalf of any Party represents and warrants that such agreement is made with full authority to enter into this Agreement and that such Party agrees to be bound by the terms hereof.
Last Updated January 5, 2015